HR pros – Helping Businesses Connect With Their People
Helping Nova Scotia businesses thrive has been HR pros’ mission since it launched in October 2008. A technical human resources consulting company, HR pros is focused on the task of helping small and medium sized business achieve success and growth through sound and effective HR, WCB and safety management practices, policies and procedures.
Historically, companies with the most capital had the competitive advantage in their marketspace – they could buy their solution whether it be equipment, marketing or people. More than a decade ago now there was a significant shift and it was companies with the best IT that had the advantage – companies who were capable of data mining all areas of their business. Most recently it is companies with skilled and engaged employees, who are committed to the objectives of the company that have the competitive advantage. HR pros knows from experience that a comprehensive human resources management framework is a competitive advantage and positively impacts a business’ bottom line.
HR pros also knows that 85% of Nova Scotia’s businesses are small businesses and small businesses cannot necessarily afford a full-time, fully qualified HR professional. Hence, HR pros’ mandate! Enter HR pros!
Unlike many human resources management firms in the Halifax area, which specialize in personnel staffing or benefits, HR pros focus instead on helping businesses establish a strategic and meaningful framework for managing people – the most valued of all company resources. Without a clear human resources management, safety and WCB framework employee retention, engagement, motivation, morale and productivity suffer thereby negatively impacting the bottom line. Perhaps worse yet, businesses can find themselves mired in Human Rights, OHS and Labour complaints and thereby irrevocably damaging their reputations.
HR pros has successfully worked in all industry sectors and has outstanding client retention! HR pros has assisted its clients in the areas of:
- Recruitment and Section tools thereby improving retention and fit
- Training and New Hire Orientation Programs ensuring the transfer of knowledge and a skilled and productive workforce
- Employee Policy creating engagement and a more hassle-free working environment, meeting legislative requirements and clarifying the employment relationship
- Wage Systems that are well researched and both competitive and affordable
- Organizational Design and Job Descriptions thereby improving productivity, streamlining operations and reducing redundancy
- Performance Management Systems that engage and challenge employees by setting clear expectations of performance and aligning all employees into a single direction
- Occupational Health & Safety Programming (OHS) ensuring everyone goes home safely and that meet legislative requirements
- Employee Reward, Engagement and Retention Strategies including the set-up and effective functioning of both legislated and best practice Committees
- WCB Analysis and Return to Work Strategy thereby improving upon WCB and safety results
- Corporate Diversity and Communication Programming creating an environment of inclusion, empathy, good will and ultimately productivity
- Assisting clients with government agencies complaints including the Human Rights Commission, OHS Division and Stop Work Orders and the Department Labour and Advanced Education labour companies.
Now meet the team!
Tanya Sieliakus, CHRP, VP Consulting Services, brings nearly 20 years of senior human resources management experience in a multitude of industries to the table. Tanya is a unique generalist in that she has worked in all areas of HR.
Greg Cole, CHRP, Director of Training and HR brings nearly 20 years of training and HR experience to the company and is an advocate of the benefits of workplace learning.
Marlene Keith, Project Consultant, is well versed in all areas of HR and safety and has a real passion for what she does!
Karen Lloyd St. Pierre is also a project consultant. Karen is a former union affiliate and brings the employee’s voice to projects where there are sensitive labour relations.
Sylvain Allaire, CHRP, VP of Sales and Marketing, spent more than 25 years of his career as an officer in the Canadian Navy, achieving the rank of Commander, before moving on to the civilian sector. Dr. Wayne Adams, Nova Scotia’s first black MLA and former Minister of Environment, has deep reach and brings his vast connections to the table.
Together, the HR pros team, their different approaches and experiences, create a powerful synergy which benefits HR pros’ clients. For more information on how HR pros can help you grow your business, comply with legislation and develop an HR framework to meet your business’ contact Sylvain at 877-1887, email@example.com or visit the website at www.hr-pros.ca.